Balance....

So much has happened since we last spoke. It's a little crazy. Big, real things like a hurricane in Burma/Malaysia and the "military government" not allowing in foreign aid. Or an earthquake in China that has devastated an entire region. And everyday things like my youngest daughter learning to walk. And historic things like the Democratic primary showdown of a lifetime between two of the most historically significant candidates, in US history, practically ever... Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

The one thing that jumps out at me at right now is the struggle for balance. Every day..everywhere my friends, family and co-workers are all looking for that elusive balance between work and play, self and community, art and commerce, motion and stillness. Most days if I am honest I can accept that there isn't any such thing but then again...the only ray of light that I see is in the search.

Oh and there are beautiful and worthwhile subtractions, pieces if you will...Design so lovely and omnipresent and integral. Process...a word I was trained against but have come to understand as key, Collaboration...separate they mean nothing. Out of balance they become an empty vernacular. It's only with sincere commitment that it really happens. And if it happens frequently enough I believe there would be balance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday Night in the Snow